The Royal Artillery Yacht Club provides four classes of membership:
- Full Membership
- Associate Membership
- Temporary Membership
- Life Membership
02 To apply for membership, please complete the APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
(submission instructions are included). The proposal for membership process is now included in this document.
Questions concerning the Membership Application should be addressed to the Honorary Membership Secretary
The contents of this website are available for all to view, irrespective of membership status.
Full Membership - Rule 37
The following are eligible to apply for Full Membership of the Club:
- All serving members of the RA (Reg and TA), excluding those on SSLC.
- All past members of the RA (Reg, TA and National Service), and those who hold or have
only held SSLC, on being proposed and seconded by Full or Life Members
Associate Membership - Rule 41
The following are eligible for Associate Membership of the Club on being proposed and seconded
by Full or Life Members both of whom are to know the candidate personally:
- Officers who hold or have held RA SSLC.
- Serving or past members of the Armed Forces.
- Civilians employed by the MOD.
- Spouses, partners and children of Full and Life Members.
- Personal friends of Full and Life Members, with an RA connection to the satisfaction of the
Temporary Membership - Rule 43
The following are eligible for Temporary Membership of the Club:
The proposed charge rate for block battery membership is (Bty size x £15 x 20%).
- Any person eligible for membership under Rules 37 or 41, but who chooses not to commit to Full or Associate Membership.
- Any person who is not eligible for membership under Rules 37 or 41, but who sails in a Club yacht with a Full or Associate Member as sponsor, shall be required to become a Temporary Member.
- Any serving member of a Royal Artillery Battery or other sub-unit within a Royal Artillery Unit which has paid a block battery membership fee to the Club. Block battery membership is designed to encourage a number of soldiers of that sub-unit to participate in sailing.
Temporary Members shall have no rights within the Club save the privilege of the use of Club yachts dinghies and windsurfers whilst accompanied by a Full or Associate Member. They are to pay the individual Temporary Subscription rate, which is valid for 6 months from the date of payment, or Block Battery rate which is valid for one year. The relevant rates are published in the RAYC Rule Book and on the RAYC website.
Life Membership - Rule 40
Members may apply to the Committee for Life membership.
50-YEARS MEMBERSHIP OF RAYC
The following Members have been awarded Honorary Life Membership having achieved 50-years or
more contributing to the RAYC. It is possible that there may be others who have been a member since 1961
or earlier and whose name is not on the list. If that is the case please contact the Hon Secretary.
A ** indicates that contact details are no longer current, the Hon Secretary would be grateful for up to
date contact details.
1. 1952 - Maj JMS Anderson**
2. 1958 - Lt Col AD Andrews MC
3. 1959 - Maj DFM Archibald*
4. 1955 - Lt Col CNR Bateman OBE
5. 1950 - Maj C Beeton*,MBE
6. 1961 - Mr JG Bevan
7. 1952 - Maj CM Boret
8. 1960 - Brig MF Bremridge*
9. 1954 - Brig EC Bromby*
10. 1960 - Lt Col MC Brown
11. 1955 Maj RPH Butler
12. 1960 - Col HEP Colley OBE
13. 1953 - Lt Col PW Cronk*
14. 1961 - Col PJ Daniell CBE
15. 1957 - Major JB Dicksee*
16. 1954 - Lt Col JEM Elliot
17. 1961 - Brig RG Elliot OBE
18. 1959 - Captain JN Ellis
19. 1958 - Lt Col KRH Eve*
20. 1954 - Maj RH Godfrey-Fausset
21. 1953 - Lt Col IGS Groundwater
22. 1955 - Capt JH Hamilton*
23. 1956 - Col AJW Harvey
24. 1958 - Maj CJW Haughton
25. 1953 - Lt Col BHJ Holloway*
26. 1958 - Lt Col RMA Hudson
27. 1958 - Brig JEM Hughes*
28. 1939 - Maj AMF Hunt**
29. 1959 - Lt Col DA Jones*
30. 1952 - Brig TR Jones* OBE
31. 1958 - Lt Col MB Kearon MBE
32. 1956 - Lt Col TW Kopanski**
33. 1954 - Maj MJR May
34. 1961 - Maj RJ Millard
35. 1958 - Maj CG Morris
36. 1955 - Maj JRT Phipps
37. 1957 - Lt Col DE Ransley
38. 1955 - Maj Gen TA Richardson CB MBE
39. 1954 - Maj AR Robertson**
40. 1955 - Maj MS Sheridan
41. 1955 - Maj CHH Sherwood**
42. 1957 - Col RA Spackman
43. 1953 - Maj RN Spafford
44. 1956 - Maj Gen JT Templer CB OBE
45. 1953 - Lt Col JLH Tudor*
46. 1956 - Lt Col EMS Turner
47. 1956 - Maj SC Walford MBE
48. 1969 - Lt Col KR Walpole*
49. 1959 - Col JC Webber
50. 1960 - Col RG Webster
51. 1950 - Maj SMcP Yeoman*
52. 1954 - Lt Col RH Young
*- Life member **- Contact details required
Royal Solent Yacht Club.
The Royal Solent Yacht Club, Yarmouth, Isle of Wight offers reciprocal membership to
Royal Artillery Yacht Club members including visiting hospitality at the Club, mooring and accommodation. A link for
the Royal Solent Yacht Club website is shown at the sidebar.
Royal Southern Yacht Club.
Full members/officers of the Royal Artillery Yacht Club (RAYC) may use the facilities
of the Royal Southern Yacht Club (RSrnYC) up to 14 times a year as Visitors and attend any function organised by the
RA Y C at the RSrnYC, such attendance not counting as one of the 14 visits. Terms of the reciprocal membership and
contacts can be accessed by clicking here.